Vision Forward, the College’s 2021 – 2023 strategic plan, further propels us to advance our mission, elevate our profile and offerings, engage members and educate the public about the specialty of allergy and immunology.
The goals, strategies and tactics under Vision Forward are guided by four key principles:
- Leadership: Foster a strategic, adaptive, sustainable and data-driven organization.
- Education: Develop tailored and member-driven educational offerings for every career stage and learning style.
- Membership: Enhance the member experience and deliver superior value.
- Advocacy: Serve as the leading voice for the profession and individual practitioners.
The following are a few highlights of the progress we have made toward our strategic priorities in 2021:
- To better understand the evolving needs of our membership, we are redesigning our biennial membership survey to gather additional insights. We are also reviewing our analytics and refining our key performance indicators to optimize the way we capture and track member engagement and use of College resources.
- We continue to position the College as the leading organization advocating on behalf of the practicing allergist and the specialty. We are giving the Advocacy Council a new look with a tagline and logo to better brand this essential group and promote its wins for the specialty.
- As always, practice management is a focus. We’re continuing to develop web-based practice management tools and resources – to help you through the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. We’re also increasing our outreach to practice managers. We recently released the Practice Management Quiz, which allows members to assess their practice’s strategies and policies. Take it today! You’ll get customized list of resources beneficial to your practice.
- Public awareness is also a meaningful part of Vision Forward as we continue to position ACAAI as a valuable resource for patient education on allergies and asthma. In the next few weeks, the College’s new public website will be launched, which will again include the popular “Find an Allergist” tool. We continue to engage with the media to draw attention to the specialty and emphasize that it is safe to see an allergist during the pandemic.
- Our educational offerings are top notch, and to make sure to promote them, we are working behind the scenes to bring more visibility to College Learning Connection resources through search engine optimization.
- For the ACAAI Annual Scientific Meeting, we are expanding specialized, on-demand content on the most relevant, timely topics. We are building a pipeline for next generation of allergists through our SPARK program. To expand our reach, we’ll be offering additional SPARK scholarships to medical students from traditionally Black colleges to attend the ACAAI Annual Meeting in 2022.
- To further the College’s efforts related to inclusiveness and diversity, we are also working with the American Academy of Pediatrics on extending the Chitra Dinakar Allergy Visiting Professorship program to historically Black colleges.
- Finally, we continue to look at means to improve our day-to-day operations by further enhancing our governance to ensure member engagement at every level of the organization and reduce unnecessary internal bureaucracy that limits our responsiveness and efficiency.
Vision Forward is a “living” document that is refined from year to year, to ensure the College stays responsive to our members’ needs. We recently defined the strategies and tactics for 2022. Look for more information on the strategic plan in the coming months.