For physicians certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology (ABAI) or by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and who devote at least 75 percent of their professional activity to the practice of allergy/immunology or have taught in a recognized medical school or affiliated hospital for at least two years.
For registered nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, certified physician assistants or other nonphysicians engaged in a technical or administrative position (i.e., office administrators, billing professionals) in allergy/immunology.
The Value of Membership
Joining your colleagues in the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology unlocks opportunities and benefits found nowhere else:
- The chance to be active in a prestigious specialty association concerned with the unique needs and goals of practicing allergist-immunologists
- Special access to an invaluable network of your peers and the camaraderie among ACAAI members
- Reduced fees for ACAAI’s Annual Scientific Meeting, featuring five days of high-quality plenary sessions, symposia, workshops and social events with experts in the field
- Discounts on the many continuing medical education credits ACAAI offers through its live courses, Web-based programs and scientific publications
- A free subscription to the monthly scientific journal Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (normally $140 per year), as well as exclusive access to ACAAI’s quarterly printed newsletter (College Advantage) and weekly electronic newsletter (College Insider), which feature insider tips and breaking news in the specialty
- Free access to a robust practice management program, including clinical practice assistance and ACAAI’s library of downloadable guides on practice parameters and disease management protocols
- Free promotion of your practice and services through ACAAI’s online allergist locator, one of the most highly trafficked allergist-finder service on the Web (over 100,000 visits in 2015)
- Unparalleled billing and coding support, and representation of the specialty among managed care organizations, consumer and patient groups, other medical organizations such as the American Medical Association and, through ACAAI’s Advocacy Council, government and regulatory agencies
- Discounted subscription to UpToDate, the clinical decision support resource that medical trainees and physicians trust for reliable clinical answers.
In addition, the College produces other key services and activities on behalf of the nation’s allergist-immunologist community:
- The leading national public education campaign on allergies and allergists’ work, with an information portal at ACAAI.org (over 500,000 visits per month)
- Outstanding public education programs and services, such as the ACAAI Nationwide Asthma Screening Program, winner of the Public Relations Society of America’s most prestigious Skyline Award in the category of public service by an association
- Representation of the specialty’s interests and goals to national consumer media and the public
- The ACAAI Career Center service to connect qualified job seekers with employment opportunities in allergy-immunology
- The specialty’s only job fair for both emerging and seasoned practitioners — the Doctors’ Job Fair — at ACAAI’s annual meeting