May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month, and it’s right around the corner. It’s a great opportunity to share your expertise with your community. The College’s updated Allergy and Asthma Awareness Toolkit makes it easy. Use the Toolkit’s resources for:
Reaching out in your community
- YMCAs, hospitals or other groups in your area might be having upcoming health fairs. They are an ideal opportunity to offer free asthma screenings. Our Asthma Screening Event Planning Guide offers ideas and resources to plan and host an asthma screening.
- Libraries and hospitals often have speakers present talks to the public. Check locally for an opportunity to share your expertise on allergies and asthma. Use our patient-friendly PowerPoint presentation for a virtual or in-person talk.
- Let primary care physicians know that allergists can help their patients with unresolved allergy symptoms. Use the email templates in our Time for an Allergist Toolkit to connect with them.
- Send a note to primary care NPs and PAs in your community in observance of Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month, sharing information tailored to them.
- Your waiting room is a great place to capture your patients’ attention. The College has dozens of patient videos on our YouTube channel. College videos share patients’ real-life experiences with eczema, asthma and chronic rhinosinusitis. We released new videos recently where ACAAI members answer commonly asked allergy questions.
- From your practice website, link to our informative web content about asthma, all types of allergies, treatments and management.
- New this year – online versions of our popular patient brochures. Share with your patients in person or via their portal, or post on your website.
We’d love to hear what your practice is doing to promote National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month! Email the College to let us know. May is the perfect time to promote your practice and help your community find relief!