Accurate coding is essential in any medical practice, and allergy offices are no exception. College members have access to resources to help make coding a little easier.
Start with the College’s Coding Toolkit. The resources in this toolkit help with coding issues unique to allergists, such as how to code for extract preparation, venom immunotherapy, food challenges, adverse effects of drugs and more. You’ll find:
- Explanations of the most recent E &M coding changes.
- Current ICD-10 codes.
- Common CPT codes for allergy/immunology.
- Links to articles and webinars to learn more.
- Coding Frequently Asked Questions
In our College Learning Connection, view our Allergy Office educational modules for instruction in only 15 minutes:
- Allergy Office: Coding 95165
- Allergy Office: Coding for Allergy Testing
- Allergy Office: Coding for Immunotherapy
Do you have a specific coding question that’s not covered in our resources? Email your question and our experts in the Advocacy Council will provide an answer.
If you’re attending the ACAAI 2023 Annual Scientific Meeting, Nov. 9-13 in Anaheim, California, plan to attend these sessions on coding:
- 2023 Allergy Coding Update – Stay current with coding changes! Gary N. Gross, MD, FACAAI will provide updates to effectively manage your revenue cycle. The session is Friday, Nov. 10.
- Coding and Government Relations – Learn about relevant changes, modifications and implementation of CPT and ICD-10 coding for 2023-24. The College’s Washington Consultant will cover the national perspective on medicine and an update on the changing landscape on Capitol Hill as it relates to the current state of government. The session is Sunday, Nov. 12.
Use the tools your College membership provides to ensure accurate coding for maximum payments.