For this episode we will be reviewing three articles from the November-December 2021 issue of AllergyWatch, a bimonthly publication which provides research summaries to College members from the major journals in allergy and immunology.
Moderators are Gerald Lee, MD; Stanley Fineman, MD; and Merin Kuruvilla Kalangara, MD.
- Metabolic changes during anaphylaxis vary by triggers and severity
Characterization of anaphylaxis reveals different metabolic changes depending on severity and triggers
- Is IBS caused by local food allergy in the intestine?
Local immune response to food antigens drives meal-induced abdominal pain
- Biologics: To stop or not to stop, that is the question
Asthma patients who stop asthma biologics have a similar risk of asthma exacerbations as those who continue asthma biologics
Please rate our podcast on iTunes!
Please give us feedback, corrections and suggestions!
Email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the time of recording, the speakers had the following disclosures:
- Dr. Lee has nothing to disclose.
- Dr. Fineman: Speaker: Takeda; Research: Aimmune, DBV, BioCryst
- Dr. Kalangara: Speaker and Consultant: GlaxoSmithKline
Originally recorded February 23, 2022
ACAAI presents this podcast for educational purposes only. It is not medical advice or intended to replace the judgment of a licensed physician. The College is not responsible for any claims related to the procedures, professionals, products or methods discussed in the podcast, and it does not approve or endorse any products, professionals, services or methods that may be referenced.