For today’s episode we will be reviewing articles from the May-June 2021 issue of AllergyWatch, a bimonthly publication which provides research summaries to College members from the major journals in allergy and immunology.
Moderators are Gerald Lee, MD; Stanley Fineman, MD; and Merin Kuruvilla Kalangara, MD.
- AZT Improves Outcomes and Lowers Costs in Uncontrolled Asthma
The cost-effectiveness of azithromycin in reducing exacerbations in uncontrolled asthma
- Cefazolin Should Be Used in Most Penicillin Allergic Patients
Assessment of the Frequency of Dual Allergy to Penicillins and Cefazolin: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Consider IV Fluids Early if Anaphylaxis Doesn’t Respond to Epinephrine
Cardiovascular changes during peanut-induced allergic reactions in human subjects
Please rate our podcast on iTunes!
Please give us feedback, corrections and suggestions!
Email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the time of recording, the speakers had the following disclosures:
- Dr. Lee has nothing to disclose.
- Dr. Fineman: Speaker: Takeda; Research: Aimmune, DBV, BioCryst
- Dr. Kalangara: Speaker and Consultant: GlaxoSmithKline
Originally recorded July 16, 2021
ACAAI presents this podcast for educational purposes only. It is not medical advice or intended to replace the judgment of a licensed physician. The College is not responsible for any claims related to the procedures, professionals, products or methods discussed in the podcast, and it does not approve or endorse any products, professionals, services or methods that may be referenced.