May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month! Think about ways to share your expertise to your patients and the public. The College’s Allergy and Asthma Awareness Toolkit makes it easy! Use the Toolkit’s resources for:
- Local events and health fairs may be on hold for now, but plan for summer or fall. Health fairs are a great opportunity to offer free asthma screenings. Our Toolkit offers ideas and free printable materials, including posters and screening questionnaires. Check local YMCA or hospitals for health fair dates.
- Check with your library or local hospital for opportunities for presentations to the public or health care professionals. The Toolkit has PowerPoint presentations geared to both audiences that can be used during virtual talks.
- Your waiting room is a great place to capture your patients’ attention. The College has dozens of patient videos on our YouTube channel. Topics include how to breathe if you have a respiratory infection, what happens during an asthma attack, and more.
- Give informative take-home information to your patients. Order College brochures on a wide variety of allergy topics.
- Download our ready-made articles. These can also be used to pitch story ideas to your local newspaper or for your practice newsletter.
- Link to our informative web content about asthma, all types of allergies, treatments and management on your practice website.
Don’t forget social media! Follow the College on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, and “Like,” “Retweet,” or “Share” our Awareness Month content during May. Join the conversation by using the hashtags #AllergyAndAsthma, #IAmAnAllergist, and #FindRelief.
May is the perfect time to promote your practice and help your community find relief! The Allergy and Asthma Awareness Toolkit is supported by AstraZeneca.