May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month! The College has resources for you to promote your expertise and expand your community’s knowledge of asthma and allergies.
One way to get started is to add the College’s special Facebook Frame to show your support for Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. A Facebook Frame is a special border for your profile image. It’s easy!
- Log in to Facebook, go to your profile and tap “Edit” on your profile picture.
- Then tap “Add Frame.”
- Search for our Facebook frame for allergists titled “ACAAI-PromoFrame Allergist.” We also have a frame for non-physicians and the public to use called “ACAAI-PromoFrame-Public.” Encourage your staff and patients to use the frame throughout the month of May.
Social media is a convenient way to reach patients and the public. No need to spend time thinking of creative posts – the College has done the work for you! Check out our ready-made social media posts for Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. Use the suggested copy and download the images from the social media kit.
The College’s Asthma and Allergy Awareness Toolkit, supported by AstraZeneca, is full of ideas for community outreach, virtual presentations, videos for your practice website and topics for your practice newsletter. Want more? The resources in the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute’s toolkit may be helpful in promoting Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month.
Enhance your knowledge with the College’s member resources on asthma and allergies:
- Toolkits on severe asthma shared decision-making for adults and children and immunotherapy shared decision-making.
- eYardsticks on adult asthma and pediatric asthma.
- Practice Parameters on asthma, immunotherapy and rhinitis.
- Listen to AllergyTalk, the College’s podcast. Asthma-related episodes include Asthma Severity and Difficulty Learning to Read, Step Up Therapy in Asthma, A Therapy for Habit Cough, Asthma Epidemiology, Diet, and More on MART Therapy and Asthma.
- College webinars – free for members – including:
- Check out our On Demand packages for asthma and allergy sessions from the 2020, 2019 and 2018 Annual Scientific Meetings.
May is the perfect time to promote your practice, expand your knowledge and help your patients find relief!