Fellows-in Training and New Allergists are navigating completely new territory – and the journey can seem overwhelming. But whether you’re looking for your first position as an allergist or getting started in your first allergy practice, the College’s FIT and New Allergist Toolkit has resources to support you. The College’s FIT, New Allergists and Practice Management Committees worked together to create a new toolkit just for you, filled with resources to guide the first steps of your journey as an allergist.
Our career resources section focuses on the topics FITs told us were most important:
- How to choose a practice environment that matches your priorities.
- Successful job search strategies for FITs.
- Negotiating physician employment contracts and understanding compensation formulas.
For New Allergists
Depending on the practice you’ve chosen, you’ll need clinical guidance, coding support, and/or assistance with business topics like marketing and practice profitability – and the College has you covered. Our 20+ practice toolkits are filled with information and tools to guide every step of your practice journey. Our toolkits include:
- Clinical topics (Allergen Extract Mixing, Biologics, Office-based Anaphylaxis, Practice Parameters & Yardsticks, Prior Authorizations and much more).
- Shared Decision-making (Adult Asthma, Pediatric Asthma, Immunotherapy, CRSwNP and Atopic Dermatitis).
- Coding and payment.
- Business topics (Marketing, Practice Profitability, Telemedicine, HR and much more).
As a bonus, we include resources on negotiating payer contracts, EHR efficiency strategies, and negotiating vendor contracts.
There’s no need to go it alone. Explore the toolkit for resources tailored just for FITs and New Allergists!