The College is accepting applications for the position of editor-in-chief of the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. We’re looking for a leader who has the vision to continue to enhance Annals’ reputation and lead the publication in new directions. You will be responsible for clinical and scientific aspects of the publication and management of the designated editorial office staff.
Applicants must be a Fellow of the College and ABAI certified and, as applicable, re-certified. Qualifications include:
- A record of significant scholarly achievement.
- Familiarity with the development of literature in the field.
- Clinical research design experience.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of statistics and ethics of research.
- Administrative, managerial and editorial skills.
- Understanding of the international community of scholars and practitioners.
- Organization skills to handle the volume of manuscripts in a timely fashion. The capacity for detailed work is important.
The position is effective January 1, 2022, for a 4-year term (renewable for a second 4-year term). The new editor-elect will begin working with current Editor-in-Chief Gailen Marshall, MD, FACAAI in July 2020. The deadline for applications is February 17, 2020. View the Editor-in-Chief job description for details on responsibilities, compensation and the application process.
If you have questions, please email Miriam Standish.