Take your team to new heights
With new and seemingly endless regulations, it’s more important than ever that your entire office team is on the same page. Luckily, you can all get the skills and training you need at the Annual Scientific Meeting, Oct. 26-30 in Boston. We’ve got sessions perfect for every member of your office, whether you are in clinical practice or a research center. And, registration is open now – so act quickly to get your first picks!
The Office Administrators Practice Management Course on Oct. 27 covers all the topics important to running your practice. Sessions cover:
- College resources to help your practice thrive.
- The changing world of regulations and payment (including MIPS, APMs and telehealth).
- Human resources in the millennial generation.
- Financial services.
- Coding to maximize revenue.
- Creating a management dashboard.
- Setting up an ‘awesome’ office.
“I am very excited with the line-up of presentations and speakers for the Office Administrators Course,” said Kay Tyler, MBA, Practice Management Committee vice chair and CEO of Family Allergy & Asthma. “There is so much to cover in one day, but we are hitting all of the key topics in daily practice management – reimbursement, coding, human resources, customer service. This session will be beneficial for any office staff involved in personnel management, billing, and management of an allergy practice.”
The Advanced Practice Health Care Providers Course on Oct. 27 is perfect for nurse practitioners, physician assistants , allergy/immunology nurses and other health care providers with extensive experience – and allergists are welcome, too! This full-day course has its own literature review and tackles topics like:
- Interpretation of anaphylaxis and treatment of difficult cases.
- What we know (and don’t know) about biologics.
- SCIT vs. SLIT.
- How changes in the health care landscape will affect patients.
- The microbiome.
- Integrative medicine in allergy practice.
- How to use technology to advance your practice
The Allied Health Care Providers Course on Oct. 28-29 is a one-and-a-half-day course designed for registered and licensed practicing nurses, registered respiratory therapists,
medical assistants and other allied health professionals. A wide variety of topics are covered, including:
- Transitioning allergic patients to college.
- Dealing with food allergy-related anxiety.
- Managing EoE.
- Understanding oral immunotherapy and its application in clinical practice.
- Improving your spirometry skills.
- An update on immunotherapy regulations.
- Patient education in a fast-paced office.
- Allergic rhinitis.
- Medication adherence in COPD and adult asthma.
- The myths and truths regarding vitamin D.
- Adverse reactions to vaccines.
Registration is open – so reserve your space now and make sure you invite your whole team to come along, too! Your entire practice will benefit.