The Annual Scientific Meeting is more than science!
At the Annual Scientific Meeting, Oct. 26-30 in Boston, come to learn the latest in allergy and asthma treatment – but also to connect with your colleagues when attending the great social events.
Be sure to include these on your itinerary:
- President’s Welcome Reception, 7:45 – 9:00 pm, Saturday, Oct. 28. All attendees are invited to the President’s Welcome Reception, immediately following the Awards Ceremony. It’s the perfect place to catch up with old friends, make new acquaintances and meet the President, President-Elect and the Alliance President. Plan to join us for this fun-filled event.
- Annual Fundraiser Event, 6:45 – 10:45 pm, Sunday, Oct. 29. Love Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin? You won’t want to miss this year’s Fundraising Event. America’s Got Talent winner Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. will give a performance that will fly you to the moon. Grab a ticket when you register for the meeting - it includes a cocktail reception, plated dinner with wine and this special live performance. You can bid on some great items during the live auction held after dinner. Just want to come for the auction and music? Purchase a show-only ticket. Proceeds benefit the College Foundation, which supports Fellows-in-Training program relief grants, Young Faculty Support Awards, and more.
Check these favorites out:
- Annual FIT Bowl, 5:00 – 7:00 pm, Saturday, Oct. 28. Test your knowledge, sharpen your wits and join in the fun at the dynamic, fast-paced FIT Bowl! Participating teams from training programs around the country will compete to answer a variety of serious (and not so serious) questions posed by an expert panel. Last year, 31 teams from the US and Mexico participated at this popular game show.
- Awards Ceremony, 7:00 – 7:45 pm, Saturday, Oct. 28. The College invites all attendees to the ACAAI Awards Ceremony. We will formally welcome our new Fellows and recognize recipients of the Distinguished Fellow, International Distinguished Fellow, Distinguished Service, Clemens von Pirquet and Woman in Allergy awards. And, we’ll introduce the recipient of the College’s prestigious Gold Headed Cane Award.
For select attendees:
- FIT Welcome Reception, 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Friday, Oct. 27. Fellows-in-Training (FITs) are invited to attend the FIT Welcome Reception. It’s the perfect place to kick back and connect with FITs from other programs across the country after a day packed with learning.
- Alliance International Reception, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Saturday, Oct. 28. International attendees are cordially invited to attend the Alliance International Reception hosted by the College Alliance.